Candle Care

Candle Care

Please read carefully to prevent fire or injury.

  • Trim wick to 1/4" before each burn
  • Burn candle within sight
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets
  • Never burn a candle on or near anything flammable
  • Remove all packaging before burning
  • Place on temperature safe surface to avoid heat damage
  • Keep away from drafts
  • Keep the wax pool free of debris
  • Do not burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time
  • Discontinue use when 1/2" of wax remains
  • Do not use water or any other liquid to extinguish your candle

Before Burning

  • Before burning, always trim the wick to 1/4". You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping, or flaring.
  • Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches, and debris at all times.
  • Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.

Burn candles in a well-ventilated room:

  • Avoid drafts, vents, or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, soot, and excessive dripping.
  • Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on burn time and proper use. In general, it is recommended that candles do not burn for longer than four hours and cool for at least two hours before relighting.
  • When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter. Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.

While Burning

  • Never leave a candle unattended.
  • Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
  • Keep candles out of reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets, or anyone else.
  • Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
  • Don’t burn a candle down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2" remains in the container or 2" if using a pillar candle.
  • Place burning candles at least 3" apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
  • Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
  • Never use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.
  • Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment such as a lantern or kerosene heater.

When Extinguishing a Candle

  • Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
  • Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
  • Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
  • Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
  • Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.

Wax Melt Care

Please read carefully to prevent fire or injury.

  • Read and follow all instructions provided with your wax melter/warmer before use
  • Remove wax melt cubes from the packaging before use
  • Keep wax melter/warmer out of the reach of children and pets
  • Only use a wax melter/warmer or UL-certified electric warmers approved for wax melts
  • Never leave a wax melter/warmer unattended while in use
  • Do not burn a wax melt in a wax melter/warmer for more than 4 hours
  • Always use a wax melter/warmer on a solid, stable, and flatsurface
  • Use only in well-ventilated areas away from flammable materials
  • Don’t touch or move while lit/hot
  • Do not add water
  • Do not melt on the stovetop or in non-approved appliances
  • Wax Melts do not evaporate in the same way as candles. Because of this, the wax will eventually lose its fragrance and will need to be disposed of. Do not pour melted wax down the drains. Once it hascooled and hardened, pop out the wax melt and dispose of it responsibly.

Deodorizer Spray Care

Read all safety precautions on the spray container before use.

  • For external use only.
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets.
  • Avoid contact with the face, eyes, and broken skin.
  • Do not swallow.
  • Flammable. Keep away from flame or high heat.
  • Diffuse short, quick sprays away from the face and in an upwards direction, to allow the fragrance to disperse throughout the room.
  • Use in a well-ventilated area.
  • Do not spray directly over surfaces that can be damaged (furniture, wood floors, plastics, painted surfaces.
  • Avoid direct contact with fabrics, wood, or other finished surfaces as it may cause discoloration.

Diffuser Care

Please read carefully to prevent fire or injury.

  • Do not consume or swallow.
  • Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets.
  • Wash your hands thoroughly if you come in contact with the fragrance oil.
  • Avoid spilling oil on furniture, textiles, and finished or porous surfaces as the fragrance oil may cause damage and staining. Wipe spills immediately with a damp cloth.
  • Keep away from direct sunlight or other heat sources to avoid drying out the reeds.
  • Use gloves when discarding used reeds.
  • Our reed diffuser fragrance oils are not developed for aromatherapy diffusers or humidifiers.
  • Do not light reeds.
  • Please note, that people with perfume sensitivity should be cautious when handling.